Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
In this classroom-based course, providers enhance their skills in treating adult victims of cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies, while earning their American Heart Association ACLS (AHA ACLS) for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card.
ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
ACLS is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest and other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device and use of an (AED)
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
Initial Provider Course requires approximately 14-16 hours to complete, including skills practice and skills testing. Renewal Course requires approximately 5-6 hours, including skills practice and skills testing. *course time based on 1 instructor: 6 students: 2 manikins Classroom-based (instructor and video, with skills conducted throughout)
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
- Globally valid provider card valid for 2 years
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test, students receive an American Heart Association ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
Continuing Medical Education Credits
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
ACLS Provider Course (initial/full course)
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 12.00 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0119.
ACLS Update Course
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 5.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0127